An excellent opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Cloud Development team. We are looking for a flexible and motivated teammate to join us as a Web Services Lead Engineer.
You’ll be working on new projects involving a variety of back-end services, delivered in an agile, dev-ops style. You will help develop the product requirements and turn them into architectural designs. You’ll have the freedom to craft, deploy and operate the back-end service using your experience to influence those designs. These will be production services but the focus for the business is initially on rapidly prototyping, learning from, and improving these products.
• Degree in a relevant area e.g. BSCS / MSCS etc.
• Building system designs, test plans and API specifications
• Deep knowledge of at least one web services framework e.g. Python/Django
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies
• Building dockerised CI/CD pipelines for web applications
• Familiarity with at least one cloud IaaS platform e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure
• Familiarity with any front-end framework e.g. React
• Monitoring and scaling web applications
• Used to breaking down task, running sprints and maintaining backlog
• A person who prides themselves on working smart.
• Ready to take a lead on new projects
• Someone with a strong interest in IoT and Cybersecurity
• Looking for a high-trust environment with freedom to exercise good judgement
• Happy to be on call from time to time
This role is based in our office in Trumpington, Cambridge, UK.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!