An exciting opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Secure Flasher team. We are looking for a flexible, ambitious and deadline focused team player to join us as a software development lead.
You will be part of a high-energy and skilled development team responsible for developing software development tools, production equipment and security modules to protect customers IPR in an unsecure production environment.
You will be working with the customer, taking their core products and developing them to meet their needs. You will lead the development of specific updates including interface design, sub-system design, implementation integration and test by directly managing a team and by developing software as well. You will lead the testing of the product and the defect fixes. Assisting the Senior System Architecture with the development of the longer-term architecture strategy.
This is a varied role and will likely to suit someone who is in a customer support role or a Senior Software Engineer who is used to dealing with customer issues and mentoring other engineers.
• Degree in a relevant area e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering.
• 5 or more years prior experience with embedded system software development OR PC software e.g C# / C / Python
• Familiar with Agile working environments using Git / Jira
• Experience and understanding of microcontrollers
• Experience and understanding of ARM Cortex v6m/v7m/v8m at bare metal level.
• Understanding of communications protocols e.g. Sockets, TCP/IP etc.
• Understanding of security/crypto functions.
• Knowledge of embedded development IDEs eg IAR Workbench, Eclipse
• Understanding of communications protocols (Sockets, TCP/IP, etc)
• Software development using JSON, XML
• You are happy to travel internationally from time to time
• You are a great delegator
• You have a proven ability to work with customers
This role is based in our office in Trumpington, Cambridge, UK.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!
Job Reference JD7
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note: If you are an agency or recruiter, please do not directly contact our employees or management. If you would like to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org.