An exciting opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Secure Deploy team. We are looking for a bright, ambitious and focused team player to join us as a Senior Software Engineer.
You will be part of a cross-discipline team responsible for developing PC software tools and components using C#. Expect to design, build, maintain and document efficient, reusable and reliable C# code. This will initially be focused on non-gui control applications/services but with the opportunity to learn and move on to using WPF.
You will help maintain code quality, organisation and optimisation and write unit and automation tests. The team is looking for someone who can immediately make an impact on new development, and who is comfortable mentoring more junior team members.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in C#
• Deep knowledge of the .NET framework and CLR
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#, particularly the TPL.
• Experience of hardware device comms via TCP/IP, Serial and/or USB
• Strong understanding of design patterns and usage
• Experience of unit tests e.g. NUnit and issue tracking systems e.g. Jira
• Strong experience with the complete software development lifecycle
• WPF experience
• Experience of secure communications protocols such as SSL or TLS
• Familiarity with CI systems, particularly TeamCity
• Familiarity with SQL compact
• Python experience
• Understanding of security / cryptographic functions
• Familiarity with cross-platform C# development (Mono/.NET core etc)
• You are self-motivated and enthusiastic
• You enjoy working in a small team
• You are a quick learner
• You are confident in taking a project forward and mentoring others
This role is based in our office in Trumpington, Cambridge, UK.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!
Job Reference JD27
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note: If you are an agency or recruiter, please do not directly contact our employees or management. If you would like to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org.