An exciting opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Secure Deploy team. We are looking for a bright, ambitious and focused team player to join us as a Senior Software Engineer.
You will be part of a cross-discipline team responsible for developing software tools, components and services using C#. Expect to design, build, maintain and document efficient, reusable and reliable C# code. This role will encompass development and deployment of web services and ASP.NET MVC user interfaces, as well as interfacing with other parts of the system such as hardware and WPF user interfaces. You will help maintain code quality, organisation and optimisation and write unit and automation tests. The team is looking for someone who is adaptable, confident in their coding ability, and who is comfortable mentoring more junior team members.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in C#
• Deep knowledge of the .NET framework and CLR
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#, particularly the TPL.
• Extensive experience of ASP.NET MVC
• Extensive experience of web services and deployment models
• Strong understanding of design patterns and usage
• Experience of unit tests e.g. NUnit and issue tracking systems e.g. Jira
• Strong experience with the complete software development lifecycle
• Ability to plan, review and mentor the work of other engineers.
• Ability to communicate proposed designs and risks to management and peers
• Ability to understand/reverse engineer undocumented source code
• Experience of secure communications protocols such as SSL or TLS
• Familiarity with CI systems, particularly TeamCity
• Python experience
• Understanding of security / cryptographic functions
• Familiarity with cross-platform C# development (Mono/.NET core etc)
• You are self-motivated and enthusiastic
• You are adaptable and a quick learner
This role is based in our office in Trumpington, Cambridge, UK.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!
Job Reference JD27
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note: If you are an agency or recruiter, please do not directly contact our employees or management. If you would like to get in touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org.