An excellent opportunity has arisen at Secure Thingz in our Cloud Development team. We are looking for a flexible and motivated teammate to join us as a Full Stack Developer.
You’ll be working on new projects involving a variety of services, delivered in an agile, dev-ops style. Working with the product lead and UX designer you will take the lead on crafting, deploying and iterating front-end web applications. You’ll also be helping do the same for back-end services.
These will be production applications but the focus for the business is initially on rapidly prototyping, learning from, and improving these products. This will include running experiments and measuring user behaviour.
• Degree in a relevant area e.g. BSCS / MSCS etc.
• Multiple JS and CSS frameworks e.g. React, Angular, Backbone.js, Bootstrap
• Designing useable and maintainable REST APIs
• At least one back-end stack e.g. Python/Django, JS/Express.js/Node.js
• Familiarity with at least one cloud IaaS platform e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure
• Running A/B experiments
• Building CI/CD automation for Dockerised web applications
• Setting up application delivery including web servers, load balancers, API gateways
• Knowledge of any JS build tools e.g. Webpack
• Monitoring and scaling of web applications
• Release management techniques using feature flags e.g. green-blue environments etc.
• Test-driven development
• Familiarity with real-time web techniques e.g. AJAX, WebSockets
• Ready to bootstrap new projects
• Constantly finding ways to work smarter
• Motivated by building products people love to use
• Happy to be on call from time to time
This role is based in our office in Trumpington, Cambridge, UK.
Secure your future with Secure Thingz and apply now!
Job Reference: JD19
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.